Last year, at Biola, my roommate got fed up with our suitemates' disgusting bathroom habits and made a list: the ten commandments of sharing a bathroom. Although she was serious, the format made it pretty silly. So I thought it would be fun to make one for the Capitol Hill house. We have learned how to make our cramped living situation work by keeping these common courtesies in mind, and so in good humor, I listed them like my former roommate did.
The Ten Commandments of Communal Living
1. Thou shalt not eat food that isn't theirs.
2. Thou shalt always flush.
3. Thou shalt not hog the shower.
4. Thou shalt take turns doing the dishes.
5. Thou shalt clean up thine own mess.
6. Thou shalt be mindful of others who are sleeping. (Sorry J-shu.)
7. Thou shalt share the remote. (Well, if we had one I'm assuming that would be a nice thing to do.)
8. Thou shalt not exasperate thine roommates.
9. Thou shalt realize you are not the perfect roommate.
10. Thou shalt be generous with hugs.