Vote! This is the first time we've had our digital scavenger hunts available via YouTube. We're asking all SIJ/WJC alums to cast your votes by Friday at midnight for the best scavenger hunt video. Help your heirs win something cool!
To cast your vote, simply place a comment at the end of this piece with your vote the winning team.
For each team, you'll see their assignment and their video.
ALL GROUPS: Photograph yourself in a location featured in "National Treasure I."
- Visit the Polish chapel inside DC's largest Catholic sanctuary, in terms of physical size.
- Eat at the world-famous Ben’s Chili Bowl restaurant.
- Visit the lobby of the hotel in which the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., wrote the almost-final draft of the “I have a dream” speech. Why else is this room famous?
- Photography a commercial airliner landing on your head in a DC public park (well, almost on your head).
- BONUS! Touch a moonrock.
- Take a picture of your group at the Watergate complex (find THE door?).
- Photograph yourself reading the Journalist’s Creed. Eat a real lunch nearby, for under $8 (save the receipt).
- Visit the official US monument for those who died on the Titanic.
- Your state has an official state tree. Can you find the special grove of trees in Washington, D.C., dedicated to "state trees"? Is your state tree there?
- BONUS! Find the think tank that was founded as the legal political lobby tied to Dr. James Dobson.
- Stand under the airplane that Charles Lindbergh flew across the Atlantic.
- The official monument to FDR includes a nod to the power of one form of mass media. What is it? Show us.
- Eat breakfast or lunch in the official cafeteria of the US Supreme Court.
- Visit the world center for studying the life of John Paul II.
- BONUS! Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne, Jr., is part of one of the nation’s most prestigious liberal think tanks. Visit it!